How to cook the perfect scone thanks to NEFF
The best accompaniment to a cup of tea is a fluffy scone with jam and cream. Using this recipe below provided by Neff, treat yourself as well as your next guests to the perfect scone.
Oven setting: Top/bottom heating
Makes: 10 pieces
Preparation time: 15 minutes
Cooking time: 15-25 minutes
Level of difficulty: Mid
- 450 g flour
- 15 g baking powder
- 1 pinch salt
- 110 g butter
- 20 g sugar
- 250 ml milk
- 1 egg yolk
- 2 tbsp milk
Butter for greasing the baking tray
- Sift the flour and baking powder into a bowl. Add the salt. Add small flakes of butter and rub together with the flour mixture until it resembles breadcrumbs.
- Add the sugar and milk. Stir in with a spoon and then knead carefully.
- Grease the baking tray and preheat the oven on Top/bottom heating, 210 °C.
- On a lightly flour covered work surface, roll out the pastry to a thickness of approx. 2 cm. Cut out circles 6 cm in diameter and place on the baking tray.
- Whisk the egg yolk and milk together and brush the top of the pastry with the mixture. Bake on for 15-25 minutes.
The scones stay light and fluffy if you only knead the dough for a short time.