December 22, 2017
V-ZUG Presents: Make your Christmas Pudding with Steam.
Serves: 8 – 12
- 41/2 Cups Dried Fruit (Chopped)
- 1 Orange (zested and juiced)
- 1 tbs Cointreau
- 1 tsp Mixed Spice
- 1 tsp Cinnamon
- 1 tsp Ground Ginger
- 1 tsp Nutmeg
- 250g Butter
- 1 1/4 Brown Sugar
- 4 Eggs
- 1 Cup Flour
- 1 tsp Baking Powder
- 2 Cups Breadcrumbs
- Place the dried fruit, orange juice and zest, Cointreau and spices in a shallow dish and stir to combine. Add to the CombiSteam and select Steam at 100 degrees for 20 minutes. Then remove to cool.
- Use a hand whisk to mix together the flour, breadcrumbs, flour, baking powder.
- Meanwhile cream the butter and sugar with electric beaters or a standmixer until very light and fluffy.
- Add the eggs one at a time and beat until combined. Fold in the dry ingredients and the fruit mixture.
- Place to the mixture into a well greased pudding tin or basin. Press down well to compact the mixture into the tin. Select Steam at 100 degrees for 4 hours or until cooked through in the centre.
- Allow to cool in the tin before serving.